Sunday 4 December 2011

The war rages on....

It's amazing how one can learn to avoid a person oh so well, it fast becomes second nature and a nice little routine develops.

So that's what happened, I turned up a little later in the morning to the nursery thus avoiding any contact with my 'friend' and arrived a little earlier for the pick up and all was going fabulously well until... one morning, After, the bloody nursery run, when I found myself on a pelican crossing with me one side and her the other....omg I nearly passed out peacefully...no where to run and staring down what felt like the barrel of a gun and what to do??????well eyes down and the quick step of course, but however quick I tried to step it out, it took an age to get past her and I will never forget the feeling...I had been friends with this woman, had our babies weighed on a weekly basis together, had birthday parties, shared toys and clothes etc etc and now here we are, strangers in the night, who can't wait to get away from one another, can't even look at one another...

How sad eh but that's life. In hindsight I wish I could have dealt with the situation in a different way, exactly how i don't know? one side of me would have loved to have given her a kick up the .... And demanded an explanation...hoping she would say, sorry, temporary insanity and I could say ok, major slap wrist now let's move on but the other side of me was in a place of grieving turmoil that couldn't even for a moment contemplate a single word....Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment